Entry Permit for Minerals and Energy Companies

How to apply

Online permit applications for minerals and energy companies are now being accepted.

Applications are found here. All applications must include COVID-19 Declarations, COVID-19 Management plans and, if applicable, evidence of quarantine. Details are provided below.     

COVID-19 Declarations

Applications for Permits to Aboriginal Land must include signed COVID-19 Declarations found below. Fill in the declaration and email to mining.admin@clc.org.au

Download the COVID-19 Declaration here [PDF]

COVID-19 Risk Management Plans

All applicants must also forward their COVID-19 Management Plans to mining.admin@clc.org.au

NT border quarantine requirements

  • Persons applying for a CLC entry permit to access Aboriginal land for the purposes of mineral/petroleum exploration must comply with all NT border entry requirements including mandatory supervised quarantine.  Any issued permit is conditional on compliance with applicable quarantine requirements irrespective of any exemption granted by the NTG.
  • Where a person has been in a declared hotspot in the 14 days prior to entering the Northern Territory and has been granted an exemption to supervised quarantine by the NTG that person will be required to remain within the NT (or another non-hotspot) for 14 days before a CLC entry permit will be granted. (i.e. no NTG issued exemptions shall be applicable to entry onto Aboriginal land for purposes of mineral/petroleum exploration).
  • As per NT requirements, where a person has entered the NT from an area that is declared a hotspot within 14 days of entry, they should declare themselves to the NTG COVID-19 hotline and follow advice. They or their employer must also notify the CLC of the situation, and the proposed action to be taken.
  • Exemptions cannot be made without the prior written approval of the CLC for each proposed case, which may entail the implementation of further controls.
  • Where exploration teams are to be located at, or serviced by a mineral/production lease which is exempted from hotspot-applicable quarantine restrictions in compliance with an approved COVID-19 management plan, it must be demonstrated in the management plan for exploration that those who are permitted access to Aboriginal land for mineral/petroleum exploration, in areas outside the production license, will at no time be in contact with, travel with, or share facilities with people who have entered the NT under an exemption to mandatory quarantine requirements, or those in contact with such people. If there are people on a mineral/production lease site that have been in a hotspot within the last 14 days a plan must demonstrate how those persons will be physically isolated from other personnel at the site before exploration personnel will be granted a CLC entry permit to access Aboriginal land for purposes of mineral/petroleum exploration.