The Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) is an Australian government agency based in Canberra.
The objective of the ANAO is to support accountability and transparency in the Australian Government sector.
The ANAO is currently reviewing the governance of Land Councils in the Northern Territory.
Governance means doing things the proper way in organisations, according to rules, culture and the law.
We would like to hear your views on how the Central Land Council (CLC):
- Manages the operations of the CLC on behalf of Aboriginal people
- Conducts consultation with Aboriginal people
- Helps Aboriginal people and traditional owners manage and look after country
- Reports on the CLC’s performance
- And any other views you may have on how the CLC works
Please provide your responses before 30 September 2022 by:
• sending an email to the ANAO at email@example.com or
• calling the ANAO on 0476 249 221 or
• submitting your comments on the ANAO website at www.anao.gov.au/clc
Any information you provide is confidential – it will not be shared with anyone outside of the ANAO.
Once we have finished collecting information, we will write a report that will be presented to the Australian Parliament in March 2023. It may contain some recommendations to help improve the governance of the CLC.